Thursday, July 16, 2015
Hotel Woodbridge at Metro Park (f/k/a Woodbridge Hilton)
Metro Park (Iselin), NJ
When was the last time you had a really engaging and substantive discussion with a group of friends and colleagues about a topic of interest (passion)? If you enjoy great conversation and the exchange of perspectives and information and want to deepen your connection to fellow alumni, then you won’t want to miss WCNJ Unconference.
The Unconference (part of WCNJ’s ongoing series of “strictly networking” events) is the opportunity to engage in friendly and spirited conversation about topics you and other attendees will choose. And you’ll have the opportunity to renew and strengthen existing relationships as well as make new contacts and start new friendships within the Wharton trusted community. Club members and guests with similar interests and varied viewpoints) will be able to gather at talking stations and converse about their interests, experiences, and passions.
Talking stations will feature topics that could include:
- Politics – Who will be the nominees for President in 2016? Who will be then next CIC?
- Economics – Is US economic growth likely to continue, accelerate or weaken? How soon before the next downturn and what can be done to prepare for it?
- Immigration Reform – What should be done to address the current situation? Is legal immigration a boon to the country and should it be expanded?
- Healthcare – Is there a better route to controlling healthcare costs and improving outcomes?
- Sports – Take your pick of sports and have at it.
- Technology and Entrepreneurship – What are the best ways to start, finance and grow successful start-ups? What’s the next big thing?
- Bringing up teenagers - Help! And
- Other topics of your choosing
It will be up to you and your fellow attendees to determine the topics to be discussed. You’ll be asked if you have an interest in any specific subject, such as hobbies, avocations, etc. which may be of interest to other participants. Even if you have known others for a long time on a business or professional level, you may be surprised to find out that you have more in common with them than you ever realized!
An extensive menu of light food and beverages will be served.
Register, come and have fun while strengthening and expanding your alumni network!
Members may invite their guests to register at the member rate for this event!