Gideon Nave, Assistant Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School
Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 5:45 p.m.
Offices of McCarter & English, Newark NJ
Are you, or do you know, an “alpha male”? Is he an alpha male “alpha” naturally or is he using a performance enhancing substance to outperform others and become more confident and aggressive? Forget cocaine and amphetamines – the new drug of choice for many men looking to outcompete their peers in business is testosterone.
Prof. Nave has studied the effects of testosterone on human judgment. He and his colleagues tested whether study participants who received testosterone impaired their capacity to override incorrect intuitive judgments with deliberate correct responses. And they found that testosterone does indeed affect the quality of decision-making. But was the effect positive?
Please join us when Prof. Nave discusses his research and its consequences.
- SUPPORTING WCNJ MEMBER* and coming by yourself? Click HERE to register with Special Pricing for WCNJ Supporting Members: $35.00 (and you can invite a BASIC WCNJ MEMBER* for FREE when you register!)
- SUPPORTING WCNJ MEMBER* and want to bring a guest who’s not a Wharton or UPenn alum? Click HERE to register for Special Pricing for WCNJ Supporting Members plus One (1) Guest: $70.00 (and you can also invite a BASIC WCNJ MEMBER* for FREE when you register!)
- Scroll down for BASIC WCNJ MEMBER or GUEST Tickets
* A SUPPORTING WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton or University of Penn alum who has an active WCNJ membership in one of the following categories:
- New Graduate (1st Year after Graduation) or Current Student
- Young Alum (between 1 and 5 years after Graduation)
- Standard 1-Year Member
- Standard 2-Year Member
- Dual WCNJ-Penn Metro Club of NJ Member
- Dual WCNJ-Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association Member
A BASIC WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton alum living or working in New Jersey who does NOT have an active WCNJ Supporting Membership as described above.