DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES WITH THE VENUE THAT WERE COMPLETELY BEYOND THE CONTROL OF WCNJ, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
ALL PURCHASES WILL BE REFUNDED.
Leon Grassi, SVP of Sales & Marketing – The DSM Group
Thursday, December 14, 2017
6 pm -9:30 pm
Maggiano’s Little Italy, Hackensack, NJ
The discussion around social media for marketing has become cacophonous - everyone seems to have the right equation but results are far and few between.
Leon Grassi, Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing at The DSM Group, will leverage his extensive background in digital marketing and social media to discuss the value that social media can have when part of a comprehensive marketing effort - and very rarely as a stand-alone.
Yes, businesses can and should use social media but there is a balance. The corresponding strategy must always solve to the target personas - and the motivation that drives them to engage. Does it work for every type of business? What does success look like; more traffic, more likes, more what?
Join us for an informative evening with real-world examples and practical advice about employing social media as part of your business marketing.
About Our Speaker – Leon Grassi, SVP of Sales & Marketing – The DSM Group
Leon has found a home at The DSM Group, a full-service and award-winning marketing, advertising and public relations agency based in Bergen County, NJ, where he can effectively leverage his expertise in marketing strategy and business development. Prior to joining The DSM Group, Leon worked in media planning and account management at large agencies, as well as holding positions as Marketing Manager and Director of Partner Marketing at CDi LLC and Director of Sales & Marketing at Smolin Lupin & Co., where he cultivated a career of being progressive – regardless of the industry. Through media, publishing, IT and financial services, he honed his skills at business and ultimately relationship development. His drive is simple – hard work is almost always the answer.
Leon likes to say: “I develop marketing strategies that aim to achieve realistic goals based on an understanding of people. I often cite common sense as a skill-set and in practice this can be a powerful tool. As the Marketing Director for DSM I contribute to overall strategy and the development of new business. “
- 6:00 pm – 6:45 pm Cash Bar and Networking
- 6:45 pm - 7:15 pmBuffet Dinner
- 7:15 pm – 7:30 pm Club Business and Introductions
- 7:30 pm – 8:30 pmPresentation and Q&A
- 8:30 pm - 9:30 pmCoffee/Dessert & More Open Networking
Pricing: (Scroll down to purchase tickets). Check out our WCNJ HOLIDAY SPECIAL FREE MEMBERSHIP offer for one year (see details below)!
$49 for Supporting Member*
$89 for Supporting Member with Guest
$89 for Basic Member* Holiday Special Ticket*- includes event admission plus one year of WCNJ membership for FREE starting January 1st 2018!
$99 for all other guests
- A SUPPORTING WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton or University of Penn alum who has an active WCNJ membership in one of the following categories:
- New Graduate (1st Year after Graduation) or Current Student
- Young Alum (between 1 and 5 years after Graduation)
- Standard 1-Year Member
- Standard 2-Year Member
- Dual WCNJ-Penn Metro Club of NJ Member
- Dual WCNJ-Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association Member
- A BASIC WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton alum living or working in New Jersey who does NOT have an active WCNJ Supporting Membership as described above.
- Supporting Members are always welcome to invite a Basic Member (a Wharton or UPenn alum who has never attended an event before) as their guest for FREE. Contact Admin at [email protected] to register your guest.
- Holiday Special Ticket (Basic Members Only): For the ticket price of $89, you get event admission plus FREE WCNJ membership for one full year starting January 1st 2018.
Location and Directions:
Maggiano's Little Italy
70 Riverside Square
Hackensack, NJ 07601
By registering for this event, I give permission for WCNJ to use any photographs or videos of me taken at the event on its website, social media or in promotional materials without compensation. I understand that WCNJ or its members own the copyrights to all photographs and video taken at the event.