This Page is a resource for WCNJ members who are seeking high quality content for their meetings. It is a collection of NJ based Wharton Alumni who have subject matter expertise and an interest in speaking at events.
Feel free to reach out to any of the speakers to get more details about their speaking activities.
Only Supporting Members (those who pay dues to the Club) are eligible to be considered for listing on this page. ANY WCNJ member is free to use the service.
Here is a preview: 4 Wharton Alums spoke at a recent event. Click Here to view!
WCNJ Dues Paying Member?
YOUR NAME COULD BE HERE
If You have experience and expertise that you would like to share as a speaker, then this Membership benefit might appeal to you.
Many of our members are at the top their game, or have interesting hobbies in which they have deep expertise. Some of them would be happy to share this valuable knowledge with fellow members and the organizations these members might be involved with.
Interested? Simply download Click here the template and instructions. (If you would like the template in a Word document, email us with a request). Complete it and send it to the club at email.
Dushyant Pandit , WG ‘77
Email: [email protected] | 908-608-1608
About me: Founded DorchesterAdvisors – Investment advisory firm | Professional Investor | Help Individuals & Families to accumulate capital | Invest sensibly, prudently and cost-consciously | Entrepreneur | Champion of simplification | Married, NY area resident | Director, Wharton Club of New Jersey
• Are Robo-Advisors changing the Wealth Management Industry - The players & the minefields
• Are the investing rules of thumb supported by research? A quick tour of Wharton’s recent research.
• Sound retirement planning - critical things a financial advisor CANNOT do for you.
• Executives in Transition: Getting to your financial destination faster, with fewer missteps.
Sample Video Clip: Smoothing The Transition To Retirement - WSJ
More about Dushyant: LinkedIn | Dorchesteradvisors
Sharon Kornstein, WG '80
Email: [email protected] | 973-740-8767
About me: ImageDesign LLC | Provides business wardrobes for men and women | Professional Image Consulting | Speaker on Business Image and Professional Dress | Has spoken at conferences, to groups and companies | Certified through Association of Image Consultants International (aici.org) and AICI NY Past-President| Has been in business over 15 years and once appeared on Jerseylicious | Work with many colleges, law and accounting firms |
- Developing Executive Presence
- Business Dress/Business Casual
- Professional Etiquette
Sample Video Clip: Speaking with your Heart
More about Sharon: LinkedIn | Facebook Page | ImageDesign LLC
Michael Vaccaro, W'88
Vaccaro Sales Compensation and Effectiveness Consulting
Email: [email protected] | 609-865-2134
About me: Long-time sales force consultant with experience in top-tier firms | Serving clients from startups to Fortune 100 | Regular author and conference speaker (including Wharton clubs) on a wide range of sales, compensation and consulting topics | Referred by Wharton alumni to help their clients
- Motivating Sales Teams to Perform Well AND Behave Well
- How Sales Roles are Evolving
- Incentive practices in startup and growth companies
- Building a Theory Y organization (blockchain company example)
More about Michael: www.vaccaroscec.com
Kristina Kohl, MBA, PMP, WG '88
Email: [email protected] | 856-982-7163
About me: Managing Principal, HRComputes/BEcoming Sustainable| Human Capital & Sustainable Strategy Consulting| Provide strategic guidance to senior management on embedding corporate social responsibility (CSR) into strategy, culture, and operations| Author of “Becoming a Sustainable Organization” published by CRC Press| Professor for Bard MBA in Sustainability| Experienced global speaker –Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Congress EMEA, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)| Founding Officer for Wharton Social Impact Affinity Alumni Club, Human Capital Advisory Board for La Salle University, Governance Chairperson and Board Trustee for Moorestown Education Foundation| Gotham Green Award Winner| MBA Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania| Certified PMP.
- Building a Sustainable Workforce
- Becoming a Sustainable Organization
- Closing the Gap Between Sustainability Vision and Implementation
Sample Videos: https://youtu.be/c6pbn2vy2ks ; https://youtu.be/WKMErP5WPqQ
More about Kristina: My LinkedIn | www.hrcomputes.com | www.becomingsustainable.org
Laurie Kopp Weingarten, W'86
One-Stop College Counseling
Email: [email protected] | (732) 252-6190
About me: Co-Founder & President, One-Stop College Counseling in Marlboro, NJ | Counsel high school students 9th grade & higher to prepare for and get accepted into the college of their choice. | Speak to groups of students & parents about college admissions | Certified Educational Planner (highest credential in the college counseling industry- AICEP.org) | Professional Member of the Independent Educational Consulting Association. | Member of the National Association of College Admission Counseling, New Jersey Association of College Admission Counseling & Pennsylvania Association of College Admission Counseling
- Avoid the College Admission Pandemic Panic! Learn how to adapt to the ever-changing admission landscape.
- What’s Changed In College Admissions Over The Last Several Decades
- How To Get Accepted Into A Highly Selective College
- The College Process: One-Stop At A Time!
All About The College Essay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwzqNAuSYak&feature=youtu.be
Admissions During Covid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hx320MDAhw&t=2s
Test Optional: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxV_HZwjUh0&feature=youtu.be
More about Laurie: Linkedin | Facebook | OneStopCollegeCounseling
Vaughan M. Reale, WG ‘87
Email: [email protected]
About me: VP Employee Benefits HUB International |Insurance and Benefits Consulting |Help employers optimize benefits spend; Recruit, Retain, Reward |Benefit Expert: CEBS, CLU, Series 6, 63, 65, P&C licensed |Former CEO and CGO |FP Certified Trainer |Mayor, Margate NJ for 4 Years |Married, 3 kids
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vaughanmreale/| www.hubinternational.com
- Advanced Concepts in Benefit Delivery and Funding: Referenced Based Pricing, PBM Contracts and Medical Plan Captives
- Perceived Value and C-Suite Alignment of Benefit Plan Goals and Objectives
- CEO, CFO, COO Discrimination via Benefits
- Harnessing Benefits to Recruit, Retain and Reward Employees; Beyond Talk
Daniel Farber Huang, WG ’94, and Theresa Menders, WG ‘94
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (646) 425--0046
About us: Huang+Menders Photography plus Otsuka Pharmaceuticals (Theresa) and The EchoStream Group (Daniel) | Husband and wife team | Documentary photographers | Strategic consultants | Explorers | Theresa has in-depth operations, program management, strategic consulting and finance experience | Daniel has deep experience in corporate finance, turnarounds, financial services and private equity
www.linkedin.com/in/dfhuang | www.linkedin.com/in/theresamenders | www.facebook.com/huangmenders | www.huangmenders.com
- Managing complex initiatives in tumultuous environments
- Global Refugee Crisis
- Assessing risk quickly, navigating unfamiliar territory and implementing actionable strategies to achieve complex goals – whether for major organizations or in crisis situations
Video Clips: https://youtu.be/5YkUTXJVu7Q