Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, ICOs ( Initial Coin Offering). What underlies all of these new financial instruments and so much more is the blockchain. Our Blockchain Bootcamp event will help you sort through the hype and confusion on how distributed ledger technology is already affecting venture finance, banking, supply chains, e-commerce, health records, and more. Ash Yadav, a senior IT project manager from the banking industry, and Susan Goldsmith, an intellectual property attorney from McCarter & English, will give their takes on the near horizon and offer highly educated guesses at what is to come. Registration will open next week.
About Our Speakers:
Ash Yadav is a Senior IT Project Manager for a major international bank, has worked at several other brand-name financial institutions developing and applying technology in trading, operations and regulatory functions, and has also been a financial technology entrepreneur. Ash brings the technical know-how to this discussion.
Find Ash on Twitter @ashyadav
Susan Okin Goldsmith, Esq., W’81, is an IP Partner at McCarter & English, LLP and also a member of the firm’s Venture Capital and Emerging Growth Company practice group. Susan works with a variety of businesses including many in the blockchain space. She handles a variety of matters involving technology licensing, marketing and distribution of goods and services. In addition to her leadership roles with the Wharton Club of NJ, Susan is a long-time member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES) of the US and Canada, previously serving as co-chair of the Software Licensing Committee, and currently sitting on the LES International High Tech Sector Industry Advisory Board.
For Susan Goldsmith’s full biography click here
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Networking & Buffet Dinner (complimentary wine, beer & soda; cash bar for spirits)
- 7:00 pm - 7:15 pm Club Business and Introductions
- 7:15 pm - 8:30 pm Presentation and Q&A
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm Dessert and more Open Networking
Pricing: (Scroll down to purchase tickets)
$49 for Supporting Member*
$98 for Supporting Member with Guest
$89 for Basic Member* - See Special Opportunity below
$99 for all other guests
- A SUPPORTING WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton or University of Penn alum who has an active WCNJ membership in one of the following categories:
- New Graduate (1st Year after Graduation) or Current Student
- Young Alum (between 1 and 5 years after Graduation)
- Standard 1-Year Member
- Standard 2-Year Member
- Dual WCNJ-Penn Metro Club of NJ Member
- Dual WCNJ-Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association Member
- A BASIC WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton alum living or working in New Jersey who does NOT have an active WCNJ Supporting Membership as described above.
- Supporting Members are always welcome to invite a Basic Member (a Wharton or UPenn alum who has never attended an event before) as their guest for FREE. Contact Admin at email@example.com to register your guest.
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY FOR BASIC MEMBERS
We’re confident that Basic Members who attend this event will want to attend additional WCNJ events in the future, as well as take advantage of Other Club activities (e.g., Leads Councils, Wharton NJ Women) that are only open to Supporting Members. Become a Supporting Member within 7 days after this event (by 11:59 pm ET on 4/25/2018) and we’ll refund you the $40 premium paid by Basic Members. That is, your cost to attend this event will be at the Supporting Member price of $49.
SUPPORTING MEMBERS REGISTER HERE:
Location and Directions:
16 Eagle Rock Ave
East Hanover, NJ 07936
Click here for directions
By registering for this event, I give permission for WCNJ to use any photographs or videos of me taken at the event on its website, social media or in promotional materials without compensation. I understand that WCNJ or its members own the copyrights to all photographs and video taken at the event.