Application To Pitch and/or Exhibit
Objective: Get invaluable feedback and experience pitching our distinguished panel of angel and VC investors (plus those in the audience). Who knows, you might even get funded (no guarantees of course)!
What You Get: If selected, you will have 5 minutes to pitch our investor panel in front of the audience. We'll give you guidance on how to make your pitch if you're selected. Your goal is to intrigue one or more investors so that they will ask you to "tell them more" after the event. In addition, you'll get a table to showcase your company during the event. You can indicate on the application if you just want a table but don't want to pitch.
When and Where: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM. McCarter & English, 15th floor, 4 Gateway Center - 100 Mulberry Street, Newark NJ. A short walk from Newark Penn Station.
- Fill out the application below or by clicking this link. Applications must be received by January 5, 2020. Every year we have double the number of entrepreneurs who wanted to pitch than we could accommodate. The event itself always sells out and we expect over 100 attendees this year.
- You must have someone associated with your company (team member, Board member, Advisor) who is an alumnus of Wharton, Penn, Columbia, or another Ivy League school.
- One person on your team must be a dues-paying, supporting member of the Wharton Club of New Jersey (or a member of the Penn or Columbia clubs) to pitch or exhibit (not required to just attend). If you are an alumni of the Wharton School or University of Penn, you can become a member of the WCNJ by clicking here. If you are not eligible for membership, you will have to pay a one time $90.00 fee for the table in addition to the event costs.
- The cost to attend the event itself for each member of your team is $40.00 if you are a dues-paying supporting member of the WCNJ or $55.00 per person for non-members. (You will be notified when the event registration is open.)
- We will let you know if you were selected by the end of January and will give you further instructions at that time on paying any fees and registration costs.