With Roger Pierson, Principal, Culinary Concepts
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 – 6:00 pm
Culinary Concepts – Fairfield, NJ
This time you’re the center of attention and you don’t have to have any cooking skills. We’ll be meeting at Culinary Concepts, a catering kitchen that provides party planning and catering, personal chef services, a commercial kitchen “incubator” and a specialty in desserts!
All attendees will have the opportunity to prepare part of our evening’s meal. We’ll make up teams of 4-5 alumni and guests, and each team will prepare a portion of the repast we’ll be eating. We’ll be supervised by professional chef Roger Pierson, owner of Culinary Concepts, and all the “scut” work (slicing, dicing, etc.) will already be done. Will you be on the team that:
- Learns to emulsify Caesar dressing or Balsamic Vinaigrette for our salads?
- Prepares one of our 2 entrees – Chicken Marsala or Salmon with a Fruit Salsa?
- Puts together one of our 2 side dishes – Jamaican Couscous or Sweet Potatoes Anna?
- Bakes one of our 2 desserts – Vanilla Butter Cake (with strawberries and cream) or Chocolate Caramel Cake? There will be gelato, too!
This is a BYOB event, so bring your favorite wine or beer. There will be networking and light appetizers when you arrive.
This is a social evening and we encourage you to bring a companion. Even so, in keeping with WCNJ tradition, Roger Pierson will speak briefly about the unusual business model and history of Culinary Concepts.
You’ll leave with great memories, a full tummy, and a booklet commemorating our delicious evening, including all the recipes.
Space is limited, so register soon!
Roger Pierson grew up with a love of food. His father instilled a passion and respect for food in Roger at a very early age and he has been cooking ever since. He is a Culinary Arts graduate from the NYC Institute of Culinary Education. Roger has experience working in many restaurants with a variety of cuisines. He is happiest creating luscious food for others and sharing it with them. Nothing puts a smile on Roger’s face like feeding people!
The evening's agenda will include:
- 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm Appetizers & Open Networking
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm We Cook!
- 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm We Eat (and Roger speaks briefly)
- 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm More Open Networking
Contributing Members and up to 1 guest:$50.00 each
Basic Members: $100.00 each
Other Guests: $110.00 each
Registration will close on Sunday, April 17, 2016
Space is limited
Location and Directions:
376 Hollywood Avenue
Fairfield, NJ 07004
for directions. Drive around to the right, rear side of the building.