How big data and statistical analysis are changing not just sports, but the world as we know it!
Abraham Wyner, Professor of Statistics
The Wharton School
Thursday, September 28, 2017
6 pm -10 pm
The Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, Iselin, NJ
Wharton Professor Abraham (Adi) Wyner has become nationally recognized for his statistical analyses of and commentary on the sports world. Adi is a co-host of the popular "Wharton Moneyball" show on SiriusXM radio that airs on The Business Channel --Powered by The Wharton School. Dr. Wyner has a particular interest in baseball statistics and analytics.
Join us for an enlightening evening to hear all about big data analytics and how it will change our lives in a revolutionary way, and not just in sports!
Abraham (Adi) Wyner is Professor of Statistics at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Director of the
Undergraduate Program in Statistics. Dr. Wyner came to Wharton in 1998 after having begun his academic career at Stanford, where he also received his Ph.D. in Statistics, and the University of California at Berkeley. A New Jersey native, Dr. Wyner received his undergraduate degree at Yale, where he also received the Anthony D. Stanley Prize for Excellence in Mathematics. Dr, Wyner has published numerous papers in the field of Statistics, including several analyzing sleep and wakefulness.
Dr. Wyner is married to Wharton alumnus Lisa Malik, Ph.D., who is presently the spiritual leader of Temple Beth Ahm in Aberdeen, NJ.The Malik-Wyners have three teenage children.
6:00 pm – 6:45 pm Open Bar and Networking
6:45 pm – 7:30 pm Seated Dinner and Dessert
7:15 pm – 7:30 pm Club Business & Introductions
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm Presentation and Q&A
8:30 pm – 9:30 pm More Open Networking
Pricing: (Scroll down to purchase tickets)
$49 for Supporting Member*
$98 for Supporting Member with Guest
$89 for Basic Member* - See Special Opportunity
$89 for all other guests
* A SUPPORTING WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton or University of Penn alum who has an active WCNJ membership in one of the following categories:
- New Graduate (1st Year after Graduation) or Current Student
- Young Alum (between 1 and 5 years after Graduation)
- Standard 1-Year Member
- Standard 2-Year Member
- Dual WCNJ-Penn Metro Club of NJ Member
- Dual WCNJ-Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association Member
* A BASIC WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton alum living or working in New Jersey who does NOT have an active WCNJ Supporting Membership as described above.
* Supporting Members are always welcome to invite a Basic Member (a Wharton or UPenn alum who has never attended an event before) as their guest for FREE. Contact Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your guest.
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY FOR BASIC MEMBERS
We’re confident that Basic Members who attend this event will want to attend additional WCNJ events in the future, as well as take advantage of Other Club activities (e.g., Leads Councils, Wharton NJ Women) that are only open to Supporting Members. Become a Supporting Member within 7 days after this event (by 11:59 pm ET on 10/5/17) and we’ll refund you the $40 premium paid by Basic Members. That is, your cost to attend this event will be at the Supporting Member price of $49.
Location and Directions:
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
515 US Highway 1 South
Iselin, NJ 08830
Click here for directions
By registering for this event, I give permission for WCNJ to use any photographs or videos of me taken at the event on its website, social media or in promotional materials without compensation. I understand that WCNJ or its members own the copyrights to all photographs and video taken at the event.