Professor of Management and Director of the Center for Leadership and Change
Co-Director of the Mack Institute for Innovation Management
January 25, 2017 – 6:00 pm
Hanover Manor - East Hanover, NJ
Even a strong leader can flounder without an effective strategy, and the most powerful strategy can fail without the right leader. Only those who master and integrate both skills can effectively navigate the challenges that lay ahead for today’s organizations. Drawing from his new book, The Strategic Leader's Roadmap (Wharton Digital Press), co-authored with Harbir Singh, Michael Useem offers a six-point roadmap for leading strategically that will help you strengthen your capacity to develop strategy and lead its execution.
“In today’s world of rapid change, success requires firms to have both leadership and strategy. The Strategic Leader’s Roadmap provides a pragmatic and actionable guide to developing leaders that embody both. Balancing exemplary corporate experience with academic concepts, the book offers a six-point roadmap for integrating leadership and strategy.” —Vikram Malhotra, Chairman of the Americas, McKinsey & Company
Please join us when Professors Useem and Harbir Singh share their research and its consequences. Professors Useem and Singh will sign copies of their book at the meeting.
Harbir Singh, coauthor of The India Way, is Mack Professor of Management, Co-Director of the Mack Institute for Innovation Management, and Vice Dean for Global Initiatives, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. His research and teaching interests include corporate governance, strategic management, alliances, innovation, and strategies for corporate acquisitions.
Michael Useem, author of The Leader’s Checklist and coauthor of Boards That Lead, is Egan Professor of Management, Faculty Director of the McNulty Leadership Program, and Director of the Center for Leadership and Change Management, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. His research and teaching interests include corporate governance, risk management, decision making, organizational leadership, and change management.
The evening's agenda will include:
• 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm Dining & Open Networking
• 7:15 pm - 7:30 pm Introductions
• 7:30 pm - 8:45 pm Presentation and Q&A
• 8:45 pm - 9:00 pm Dessert and More Open Networking
Pricing: (Scroll down to purchase tickets)
$45 for Supporting Member*
$90 for Supporting Member and Guest
$90 for Basic Member*
$105 for all other guests
* A SUPPORTING WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton or University of Penn alum who has an active WCNJ membership in one of the following categories:
- New Graduate (1st Year after Graduation) or Current Student
- Young Alum (between 1 and 5 years after Graduation)
- Standard 1-Year Member
- Standard 2-Year Member
- Dual WCNJ-Penn Metro Club of NJ Member
- Dual WCNJ-Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association Member
* A BASIC WCNJ MEMBER is: any Wharton alum living or working in New Jersey who does NOT have an active WCNJ Supporting Membership as described above.
* Supporting Members are always welcome to invite a Basic Member (a Wharton or UPenn alum who has never attended an event before) as their guest for FREE. Contact Admin at [email protected] to register your guest.
Location and Directions
16 Eagle Rock Ave
East Hanover, NJ 07936