New tax laws, the Tech-led evolving investment industry are re-aligning new and traditional retirement solutions. Change upends traditional ways of doing things but also creates new myths often based on promises.
Author Nicholas Stuller has summarized the current structure of the retirement and investment industry in a recently published book. He will update us on the current landscape in a fire-side chat format. And, an informal panel of Wharton alums that are active in the investment industry will weigh in on the practical impact of these changes. Our audience will have a chance to update their knowledge of the retirement solutions, validate their plans and progress, and also clarify any questions they have by leveraging the combined knowledge of Mr. Stuller and their fellow Alums.
No one can forecast the future, but if you want it to be somewhat familiar, then charting your course based on current thinking is a good strategy. This must-attend event will help you do exactly that, efficiently. And, to encourage an open and productive conversation, we remind everyone that soliciting business at club events is against our policy and is actively discouraged.
Nicholas W. Stuller - Author of “The Truth Shall Set Your Wallet Free” and CEO of MyPerfectFinancialAdvisor - and a Panel of Wharton Alumni from the Financial Services Industry will update attendees on current trends in Retirement Planning. This is a WCNJ educational event to share timely information on the event's topic and business solicitation is actively prohibited.
Nicholas W. Stuller is the founder and CEO of MyPerfectFinancialAdvisor, and prior was the founding CEO of the two largest financial advisor database companies, DiscoveryData and Meridian-IQ.
Nick has built a reputation as one of the foremost authorities on financial advisors. Nick started his career at Morgan Stanley and over his 30-year career performed key roles at TD Ameritrade and Thomson. He has been quoted extensively by the print media including The New York Times, Dow Jones, Reuters, been interviewed by the broadcast media including NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS.
Nick is the author of “THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOUR WALLET FREE: Secrets to Finding the Perfect Financial Advisor”, released on November 13th, 2018.
Nick will provide an objective talk about:
• How the investment industry is organized, so you can determine which type of advisor is correct for your needs: The various types of advisors that exist, the spectrum of services they offer and share how investors can use this information to plan their retirement smarter.
• Share some of the more popular myths about financial advisors that prevent many Americans from achieving their goals, and share facts about advisors that are rarely written about in the popular media.
• Tech based investment advice (“Robo-advisors”) v/s human advisors.
• Spotting bad advisors: How to vet a new potential advisor and cover specific questions to ask and how to conduct a search to create a short list of advisors to interview.
• Growth v/s Income goals in retirement and the importance of withdrawal strategies.
• Answer questions that the audience has.
Moderator: Dushyant Pandit
Dushyant Pandit is the founder of Dorchester Advisors, an investment advisory firm. Dushyant is a professional investor and helps individuals and families achieve their financial goals. His advice - invest sensibly, prudently and cost-consciously. An entrepreneur and a champion of simplification, he also volunteers at the Wharton Alumni Clubs. Dushyant earned his MBA from Wharton.
Panelists from the Wharton Club of New Jersey’s iFRG:
Our panelists are members of The Personal Finance Resource Group (“iFRG”) - a forum for collaborating professionals who work with individuals and families on their personal finance and wealth management issues. Their objective is to share knowledge from a specialist vantage point with each other. This will help each group member to stay at the top of their game by being more informed and hence perform more effectively.
We thank Lakeland Bank for sponsoring this event. To learn more about their products and services please CLICK HERE.
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 6 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: Hanover Manor, 16 Eagle Rock Ave, East Hanover, NJ 07936
· 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Networking and Buffet Dinner (complimentary wine, beer & soda; cash bar for spirits)
· 7:00 pm - 7:15 pm Club Business and Introductions
· 7:15 pm - 8:30 pm Program and Q&A
· 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm Dessert and Additional Networking
$49 for Supporting Member*
$98 for Supporting Member with 1 Guest
$79 for Basic Member* - See Special Opportunity below
$89 for All other guests
*A SUPPORTING (Dues Paying) WCNJ MEMBER: Any Wharton or University of Penn alum who is a dues-paying member in one of the following categories:
• New Graduate (1st Year after Graduation) or Current Student
• Young Alum (between 1 and 5 years after Graduation)
• Standard 1-Year Member
• Standard 2-Year Member
• Dual WCNJ-Penn Metro Club of NJ Member
• Dual WCNJ-Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association Member
*A BASIC WCNJ MEMBER: Any Wharton or University of Penn alum living or working in New Jersey who is a non-dues-paying member.
Supporting Members are always welcome to invite a Basic Member (a Wharton or UPenn alum who has never attended an event before) as their guest for FREE. Contact Admin at [email protected] to register your guest. To learn more, please click on membership information and membership benefits.
*SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY FOR BASIC MEMBERS:
If you are currently a non-dues-paying member (Basic Member) and if you become a dues-paying member (Supporting Member) within a week of attending this event (by 6/26/2019) we will refund the premium that you paid ($30) as a thank you. As a supporting member, you can take advantage of other Club activities (e.g., Leads Councils, Speakers’ Bureau, special interest groups like Wharton NJ Women) that are only open to Supporting Members.
To become a Supporting Member: CLICK HERE
By registering for this event, I give permission for WCNJ to use any photographs or videos of me taken at the event on its website, social media or in promotional materials without compensation. I understand that WCNJ or its members own the copyrights to all photographs and video taken at the event.