Date and Time: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm EDT on Zoom
Logistics: Upon receiving your registration we will email you the Zoom details 24-48 hours prior to the event. Registration will close at 12 noon on June 16, 2021
$10 for Basic Member**
$10 for All Other Guests
SPACs (Special Purpose Acquisition Companies) have evolved from the edge of financial space to become an asset class of its own. The success of SPACs has attracted marquee financial sponsors who are in turn bringing high quality and innovative companies. The current environment shows that SPACs will remain a strong force to bring many private and early/ middle stage start-ups to the public market for many years to come. The question is what forces will change these dynamics over the next few years.
- SPAC 1.0 - the traditional type of sponsors and target companies that are successful.
- SPAC 1.5 - the arrival of brand name sponsors such as PE firms and highly established management teams.
- SPAC 2.0 - new types of sponsors including VCs. The confluence of SPACs and VC world the huge impact of retail investors on the performance of announced deals.
Steven Tan - Co-Portfolio Manager & Director of Credit Research, Westchester Capital Management
Steven joined WCM as Senior Analyst in January 2012. He graduated from Wesleyan University with a B.A. in Mathematics and Economics, and received his MBA from the Harvard Business School. After graduating from college, Steven started his career in 2000 as a mergers and acquisitions analyst at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein where he spent three years. After graduate school, he was Vice President at Avenue Capital for six years where he was a senior analyst in the Event-driven Group and later in the High Yield and Distressed Group. From 2009 to 2011, he served as a member of the board of directors of Magnachip Semiconductor.
To learn more about Steve and to connect please visit:
*A SUPPORTING (Dues-Paying) WCNJ MEMBER: Any Wharton or University of Penn alum who is a dues-paying member of the Wharton Club of NJ in one of the following categories:
• New Graduate (1st Year after Graduation) or Current Student
• Young Alum (between 1 and 5 years after Graduation)
• Standard 1-Year Member
• Dual WCNJ-Penn Metro Club of NJ Member
• Dual WCNJ-Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association Member
**A BASIC WCNJ MEMBER: Any Wharton or University of Penn alum living or working in New Jersey who is a non-dues-paying member.
To learn more about membership and to become a supporting member please visit: https://www.whartonnjclub.com/become_a_member